[Zpt] Two days until TAL/TALES spec freeze.

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:24:06 -0500

> From: Guido van Rossum <guido@digicool.com>
> > The path segments cannot contain "any character but slash"; I thought
> > the agreed-upon set was letters, digits, underscore, dash, period,
> > comma, tilde, and space.
>
> I missed this.  Does this include all characters that are legal in Zope Ids?

You weren't there, but yes, that's how it was derived.  Jim dug it out
of the source tree on his laptop, but I don't know from where.  If
that set appears to be different again, we should fix ours.

> > I remember from our meeting that that's allowed, except for the
> > variable name 'standard', which may not be redefined either as local
> > or as global.
>
> Should we call this 'builtins' instead?

Dunno.  Then we'd have the debate "builtin" vs. "builtins" again.