[Zpt] Bootstrapping ZPT documentation with ZPT (or: Eating your own dogfood)

Todd Coram todd@digicool.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:35:27 -0500

> Todd Coram wrote:
> >
> > What say ye all? Should the ZPT specs and general documentation
> be composed
> > using ZPT rather than ST?
>
> I don't see how that makes sense.  Documentation is content, not
> presentation.  ZPT is highly oriented toward presentation of content,
> not authoring of content.

Okay, but should the content be capable of being "presented" with ZPT? IMHO,
the spec and examples should be presented *using* ZPT. Right now, the Wiki
pages cannot be content for ZPT (maybe they should?).

I don't know. When the METAL/TAL/TALES specs are fully cooked, and we want
to announce them to the community outside of Zope, do we reference the wiki
site? I was hoping we would reference ZPT pages (sort of like how all the
W3C specs are conforming HTML/XHTML docs, not HTML 3).

-- todd