[Zpt] DW 4 and ZPT...

Todd Coram todd@digicool.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:12:45 -0500

> ZPT will not eat this (at the moment) because the <meta> tag isn't closed
> or marked as empty (/>).
Oops. Right. Thanks.

> There is nothing to mange here for DW, but as soon as you start using
> boolean attributes (like <hr noshade>) DW will mess it up for you. Also, I
> seem to recall having had problems with adding an XML prolog, but I can't
> remember if it was the XML declaration or the DOCTYPE that then caused DW
> to claim my document was malformed.

Yes. I know. But, the big question is: If ZPT doesn't care about XML (which
has been a point of discussion for 1.0), we only require 2 things of clients
like DW:

is okay. But it shouldn't remove any end tags explicitely put in by the
user. Anytime a TAL attribute is found, the element it is found in is
expected to be well formed (or at least properly closed).
2. They shouldn't touch our namespaced attribute markup. <abc
tal:xyz="something" /> shouldn't be munged.

Regarding boolean attributes, I don't think we have any semantically legal
constructs of the form tal:name="".  We have a special keyword called
'nothing' , so tal:name="" should be spelled as tal:name="nothing".