[Zpt] Error Handling Strategies discussions...

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:13:38 -0500

> I asked for community feedback regarding our error handling strategy
> proposals. We got a couple. I'm not sure how to balance Wiki comments vs
> mailing list for discussions on such topics. Which is the more appropriate
> arena for such error handling strategy discussions?
>
> See
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/RenderErrorHandlingStrategies
> for the first couple of comments.

I'd say the Wiki.  Are there also email comments?  Where?

The proposal to rename on-error to on-exception deserves
consideration -- though I'm not sure which word is more familiar to
the people we expect will write TAL.

The idea that the default text would be a nice thing to substitute for
an error is interesting -- but that's not necessarily the right thing
in all cases (the dummy text is for the designer).  Could it be an
option?