[ZPT] Formatting strings and more motivation needed

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 23:03:08 -0400

From: "Peter Bengtsson" <mail@peterbe.com>
> Maybe I'm blind or again lazy but I havent yet found out how to string
formatting.

It hasn't been nailed down, yet, and the proposals are pretty hazy so far.

> My question is: Why should me and my company choose to convert over to ZPT
> rather than staying in well supported DTML? And what else is clearly
better
> with ZPT/TAL/TALES compared to DTML?
> Considering that we never use Golive or Dreamweaver and that our Zope-zen
is
> good enough to be able to control all the namespace-in-one-pot-stuff.

In that case, stick with DTML!  Honestly, ZPT is not meant to be a
DTML-killer, just a really good tool for a particular class of tasks.  I
hope that most HTML and XML will soon be easier and more pleasant to
generate using ZPT than DTML, but it'll never completely supplant DTML.

Or did I misunderstand you?

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool