[ZPT] Editing ZPT with XEmacs ?

Gregor Hoffleit gregor@hoffleit.de
Mon, 14 May 2001 13:49:37 +0200

I used to use XEmacs for editing DTML code. Now that we have ZPT, I thought
integration with XML-aware editors would be even easier, but until now I
failed to find a good configuration of XEmacs (I have to add that I'm quite
a complete layman when it comes to tweaking Emacs).

There are certainly a few people out there who use (X)Emacs regularly with
ZPT. Could you perhaps write down a few tips for the rest of us ?

My most frustrating problem is that Emacs fails to recognize PageTemplates
as XHTML code (since it doesn't end in .html and since it doesn't recognize
any other hints, I guess). Is there an easy way to tell Emacs to recognize
HTML code automatically, or do I have to put some magic line at the start of
my PageTemplates (I succeeded by putting '<!-- -*- mode:html -*- -->' in the
first line of all templates) ?

Then, are there any other configuration hints ? E.g. even in HTML mode,
Emacs doesn't yet know about the TAL attributes.

Perhaps a simple Emacs-aware XHTML 1.0 sample template would help quite
much.

Finally, should I have added this as a comment in the wiki instead (e.g.
regarding FAQ, Q.8) ?

    Gregor