Re[2]: [ZPT] TALES Feature Survey

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Fri, 18 May 2001 10:44:03 -0400

From: "Geir B=E6kholt" <geirh@funcom.com>
> Yes, i know my example seems weird , but when handing templates over
> to non-technical content-editors , it suddenly makes sense again ;
> basically giving them dynamic content which they can override manually
> in the templates (or at least that is what it seems like to them...)

I suspect that we could implement this by hacking "default" (i.e. it's tr=
ue
if the tag has any contents at all, false otherwise (in a replace or
contents, of course (attributes could perform the analagous operation on =
the
attribute (but then again, there's attrs/foo now)))).

On the other hand, what if they leave a single space in the contents?  A
newline?  Do we need to strip the content first?  Too tricky, I think.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool