[ZPT] bad xhtml-attributes forced ??

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Tue, 29 May 2001 13:41:54 +0200

It seems like someone was a bit to eager to make ZPT play nice with
old-style html, instead of the original plan of xhtml only..

We are using xhtml, and i was a bit disappointed to notice that
attributes seem to be forced to the old html 3.2 / 4 format.. There
seems to be no way i can make the interpreter give me the correct
<option selected="selected">

it insists on writing
<option selected> , which is technically wrong for an
xhtml-document , no matter what i specify..

Any chance of a quick fix ?

HTML / XHTML / XML
where does xhtml-documents fit in the zpt-model ? as html or xml ?
i can only change the parser by changing the content-type, it seems ,
but then this content-type is used for publishing too , causing stupid
browsers to render the doc as a parse-tree instead of html..
What would be the correct way to make ZPT treat my xhtml-documents as
xhtml, and publishing them with a text/html content-type ??
(there ought to be a way, as this , if i recall, was the original
proposal for ZPT)

:-)

--
Geir Bækholt