[ZPT] METAL enhancements

Amos Latteier amos@zope.com
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 23:19:42 -0700

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> You seem to be convinced, that a "metal:define-macro" together
> with a "metal:use-macro" on the same tag would solve your problem....
>
>   We should allow this (and I think Evan's proposal does this),
>   because in the analogy with procedure definitions, it
>   would mean that we can define a function consisting
>   of a single function call which, obviously, is
>   useful.

I'm not sure that this is the only way (or even the best way) to achieve
my goals of having groups of related templates. But it's the only thing
I've thought of so far. I guess I need to do more thinking ;-)

Thanks for clarifying that Evan's proposal allows this.

-Amos

--
Amos Latteier         amos@zope.com
Zope Corporation      http://www.zope.com/