[ZPT] escaped strings in attributes

Markus Kemmerling markus.kemmerling@mediaweb.at
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:18:36 +0200

I would like to replace a href-attribute with a query string containing =
more than one parameter. I found that the & betwen two parameters is =
escaped, i.e. becomes &. It seems that this doesn't matter (at least =
not in the browsers I tested), but I don't think that it is correct =
HTTP-syntax.

The TAL specification 1.4 states that the values of expressions used in =
the 'replace' and 'content' statements are converted into escaped =
strings, unless they are preceeded by 'structure'. On the other hand it =
states in the definition of 'attributes' that expressions are converted =
to ordinary strings, not escaped strings. Obviously this is not true. =
But it is a problem since there is no 'structure' keyword for =
expressions used in 'attributes' and therefore no way to prevent the =
string from being escaped.

Any hint? Thanks

Markus Kemmerling

P.S.: I am new to ZPT. So don't blame me if you have discussed this over =
and over again before ;-)