[ZPT] Best way to use structured-text with cataloged ZPT?

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:50:19 -0400

Brad Clements wrote:

> I could create a PageTemplate for every structured Text file that will have the
> PageTemplate render the structured text using a "master" macro.

I'm not sure I understand.  Do you want all of the structured text files
rendered the same way, apart from the text itself?  In this case I would
just do something like:

Page Template "stview"
This is where the structured text will go.
...more stuff

...and write URLs like http://myhost.com/foo/blah/MySTDoc1/stview.  Then
"here" is the structured text object.  I'm assuming that calling it will
generate HTML, but if a method of the object needs to be called you just
write "structure here/theMethod".

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope