[ZPT] DOCTYPE declaration in master macro in ZPT 1.4

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:04:34 -0400

Brad Clements wrote:

> This link http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/WholePageMacros and
> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/CurrentIssues speaks to this problem.
>
> Is there something in CVS I can use now to solve this problem?

Not yet.  We haven't had much development time available recently to get
this done, but that will change soon.

The planned implementation will allow you to write:

<?metal use-macro="here/master/macro"?>

This will cause the entire document (apart from any fill-slots) to be
replaced with the referenced macro.  During source expansion, the
processing instruction is re-inserted into the macro text directly
before the first tag (if any).

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope