[ZPT] proxy role for PT

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:51:09 +0100

Magnus Heino wrote:
>>>How can I set the proxy roles on the ZPT, if I want  when it executes
>>>it has the "Manager" role (in DTML Method I use Proxy management tab)?
>>
>>It would appear that ZPT has no proxy role management. This is a little
>>surprising, perhaps someoen can enlighten us as to why?
>

> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2001-December/002533.html

Yeah, but what about when your 'logic' is protected by permissions and
you want to use it in your presentation?
Say I have 10 python scripts that I want to use in a Page Template. They
all require roles the user won't have and 5 of them are used in contexts
where I only want them to work if the user has the appropriate role
themselves.

At the very least, I have to go and set the same proxy role on 10
methods, which is a nice opportunity to introduce a typo bug, and at
most, it prevents me from using the other 5 scripts the way I had
intended :-(

How hard would this be to fix?

cheers,

Chris