[ZPT] ZPT for Jython?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:38:12 -0500

Alan Kennedy writes:
 > I was wondering about the possibility of ZPT for jython? I
 > use ZPT separately from Zope.

There are a couple of different components to consider.  The basic
TAL/METAL interpreter is all Python if you're only using it in HTML
mode (it assumes Expat is available if you need the XML mode).  As
long as you can live with the HTML mode (most uses use that), the
basic support is pure Python.

There's also the TALES engine, which I would expect you to have your
own implementation for to make it useful outside of Zope.  You can
determine the requirements of that oyourself, of course.

If there are any C extensions that the core TAL/METAL interpreter rely
on, other than the optional Expat interface, I'm not aware of it (or
have simply forgotten).  If you run into problems, we'd like to hear
about them.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>