[ZPT] TALES: Path expressions?

Evan Simpson evan@zope.com
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:42:28 -0500

Alan Kennedy wrote:
> The reasons why I'm thinking this way is that removing path
> expressions from the TALES grammar and treating expressions
> as path expressions makes it *much* easier to implement.

The Python-independence of TALES is a goal for the spec, not for
individual implementations.  If your implementation would work better
without path expressions, and with Python expressions as the default, go
for it!  I presume that you also aren't concerned with placing security
restrictions on the code, so eval() is fine.

Cheers,

Evan @ Zope