[ZPT] TAL: What does "action cancellation" mean?

Alan Kennedy zpt@xhaus.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:06:56 EST5EDT

Dear ZPTers,

I've been reading the TAL spec in some detail, and I can't
figure out what "action cancellation" means.

For example, under the paragraph for "Condition" appears
the following:

"It is up to the interface between TAL and the expression
engine to determine the value of 'true' and 'false'. For
these purposes, the value 'nothing' is false, and
cancellation of the action has the same effect as returning
a true value".

Can anyone provide an example which illustrates the meaning
of "cancellation of the action", in this context or any
other context?

Regards, and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all (on Sunday).

Cheers,

Al.

This message was sent using WebMail by CyberGate.
http://www.gate.net/webmail