[ZPT] Why does this cause a page template to be invalid? (longish)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:47:52 -0500

Nicola Larosa writes:
 > That would be well-formedness checking, not validation. It seems unlikely
 > that any <tal> element would be validated as conforming to the standards by
 > http://validator.w3.org/ .

That's correct.  Though there are no  <tal> or <metal> elements, the
attributes from those namespaces present essentially the same problem
for validation.

It would be possible to create a DTD that represents some version of
HTML/XHTML with the tal, metal, and i18n namespaces added (so long as
you don't use alternate prefixes!), but it's not clear that it's worth
the time.  If anyone's interested, I'm sure we can include contributed
DTDs with the software.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>