[ZPT] Problem calling ZPT on Object(s)

Christoph Roth c.roth@themelios.de
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:32:08 +0100

On 22 Mar 2002, at 15:33, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:

> 1)in your root folder, create a folder 'objects_container'

(...)

> 5) for each object in the folder, create a python script with same id
> containing
> return context.render_object(context)
>
> IOW give access to your users through python scripts (with same ids than
> your objects) which return the string rendered by your template.
>
> This is one way to do it among many others.  CAUTION, I did not test the above.

Hello,

and many thanks for your reply! Giving access through python scripts
works indeed, but it's still quite an  effort to create everything
twice, so I would use it only as a kind of last resort. I just came
across the KUBE product a few hours ago - if you are further
interested, have a look at
http://www.zope.org/Members/ike/Kube/Kube1_0_release. After reading
the overview, it seems to be the right thing.

And I have to apologize for this traffic, because KUBE has already
been mentioned on this list ( or on zope@zope.de) recently.

Best regards,

Christoph