[ZPT] Reason for <script> and <style> exclusion?

Alan Kennedy zpt@xhaus.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:42:10 EST5EDT

> Martijn Pieters wrote:

> The parent element of an attribute is the element on
> which the attribute is
> defined; thus, the two examples are the same.

Martijn,

I checked up on my original statement, and as it turns out
(bloody namespaces :-) both of us are wrong. Here is a post
from Tim Bray on the issue.

So I was wrong when I said the two examples were not
equivalent. They *can* be equivalent, if that is what the
application designer wants.

Since you work for Zope, and thus are the "application
designer", you're allowed to say "The two examples are the
same", but only in relation to ZPT: the statement does not
necessarily hold true for all XML namespace applications.

Regards,

Alan.

This message was sent using WebMail by CyberGate.
http://www.gate.net/webmail