[ZPT] Why does this cause a page template to be invalid?(longish)

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:01:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Casey Duncan wrote:
> So, I would suggest that if someone feels strongly enough about this
> "strict behavior", then a fishbowl proposal needs to be drafted to add
> this into ZPT. The current "enforcement" is only a side-affect of
> closing lazy <p> tags.

Clearly, if strict behavior is added (and I can see it's value),
then it would have to be optional.

Hmm.  I wonder if we are going to run into authoring tools
that believe that block elements can be placed inside paragraphs,
(since browsers do render such pages more or less correctly),
and therefor that objecting to that </p> is going to also
break authoring tool compatability.  I wonder what algorithm
the browsers use?

--RDM