[ZPT] TAL's lack of an else...

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Fri Aug 1 16:55:02 EDT 2003

On Friday 01 August 2003 14:18, Encolpe DEGOUTE wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:45:14 +0100
>
> Why puts advanced programmation tools in zpt?
> The test if made with a call of a python script in a define and
> several tal:condition='' make the stuff.

if/else is not advanced in any way, please name a programming language from
the last 20 years (excluding assembly languages, joke languages and languages
deigned for low memory devices) that doesn't have else.

If you look at the templates that come with Zope itself you'll find many
places where people are actually doing if/else, see my email to Tino
Wildenhain for examples.

Just for the record, I don't think any of the suggested ways of doing this are
particularly nice but some are not so bad and some are better than what you
can currently find in the Examples.zexp supplied with Zope