[ZPT] Re: [Zope] Using ZPT with options/radio/checkboxes

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Fri Aug 8 16:53:59 EDT 2003

On Friday 08 August 2003 15:41, Geir Bækholt wrote:
> On  Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:28:38 +0100 GMT
> Fergal Daly asked the ZPT mailinglist about the following:
>
> <myTag needsToBeHere="" />
>
> is that legal xml ?

http://www.stg.brown.edu/service/xmlvalid/

thinks it's well-formed, although I think XHTML avoids ever using it.

Things like SOAP and XML-RPC probably use it to indicate an empty string as
opposed to an undefined/null value.

It's relevance to TAL is debatable, I don't think anyone is generating SOAP
packets with TAL (although that would be fun and maybe quite easy). However
the spec says we should be able to do it.