[ZPT] Quick question with ZPT and Z-Catalog

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Aug 15 22:23:53 EDT 2003

Charlie Clark wrote at 2003-8-15 13:00 +0200:

 > On 2003-08-15 at 12:51:49 [+0200], you wrote:
 > > What your problem with ZPT and ZCatalog?
 >
 > It currently doesn't seem to find anything!
 >
 > I've created and HTML-aware lexicon, added a ZCTextIndex and told the
 > catalog to add only ZPT. It does this but lists "0" objects within the
 > catalog. Once I get things working I'd like to let articles be categorised
 > automatically.

Do you look at the "Catalog" tab of the catalog?
That would be strange.

The catalog uses the same method as the "Find" tab to determine
what should be cataloged. This means, you can play with "Find"
until you get the list you expect.

By the way: ZPTs are not optimal to hold content.
Have a look at "CMF" or "Plone" to get a better separation between
content and presentation.

Dieter