[ZPT] Plone conference talk - ideas please!

Mitch Pirtle mitchy at spacemonkeylabs.com
Sat Aug 23 17:00:37 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:04, Philip Kilner wrote:

<snip!>

> Well, given my repeated whining <g>, I have to vote for interactions
> between Page Templates and other Zope objects in general and - although
> I suspect that this would be a bit narrow for your audience - zSQL in
> particular!
>
> I'd be very interested in some material about how ZPT can call stuff
> from the name space, what to do in ZPT and when to use a script and so
> forth. It's perhaps a bit of a "black notes" thing for me - I can (Just
> about!) see what to do in ZPT, but how does that fit in with "the rest"
> of it?

I'd like to volunteer to document this forbidden art on plone.org.  I
have not figured out yet how to use ZSQL and ZPT, and cannot find any
documentation that puts it all together.  If someone, anyone can walk me
through this process then I'll happily provide copious documentation for
this seemingly FAQ that goes unanswered...

I had enough trouble porting some apps from Access to MySQL, please
don't make me go through this again!

Somebody?  Anybody?  Bueller?

-- Mitch