[ZPT] Plone conference talk - ideas please!

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 14:46:44 EDT 2003

Hi Chris,

Chris Withers wrote:
> Mitch Pirtle wrote:
>> I could have helped myself; but the existing docs are too general for me
>> to grasp.  I needed an example with a database, and couldn't find one.
>
> I'm suprised there isn't a cookboox example of this floating around
> somewhere...

I too have searched in vain for such a thing. I have now written one,
but my attempts to post it to the list have bounced - if this message
gets through, I'll send it later.

>> We should make sure that the documentation provided has examples for
>> people that are not steeped in c, python, java, or other OOP ways of
>> life.
>
> I suggest you browse the cookbook...

I don't know how much Mitch and I have in common in terms of background,
but my experience was the same - there was nothing there which would
give me any traction.

Being a PITA in this list and Zope-Db shook a few helpful souls out of
the woodwork though, and I now have a way of tackling this which works.

Although I haven't yet cracked the form validation/error handling side...

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"the symbols of the divine show up in our world initially at the trash
stratum." Philip K Dick