[ZPT] Email attachments

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 11 13:34:53 EST 2003

Antony Higgs wrote at 2003-12-11 11:22 +0000:
>I am trying to find out how to send an email with a text file attachment
>from a Python Script. I can find information on how to do this using
>DTML but not for a Python Script.

Two options:

  *  do it in DTML (the easiest)

  *  use Python's "email" package (part of version 2.2 and above
     but will work with Python 2.1.3, too)
     to generate the finished email message text
     and then use "MailHost.send" to send it.

     You will need to allow import of "email" and use of its
     classes for Python Scripts (--> "README.txt" in "Products/PythonScripts")

--
Dieter