[ZPT] Macro expansion and slots

Clemens Robbenhaar robbenhaar@espresto.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:04:24 +0100

Evan Simpson writes:
 > Jeff Peterson wrote:
 > >
 > > And as such the content is not editable unless I change it to a fill slot
 >
 > This is actually the purpose of the change.  With the prior behavior,
 > there was no way to spell "I haven't filled/don't intend to fill this
 > slot".  The first time your template expanded a macro, the contents of
 > any "define-slot" would be copied into a "fill-slot".  Thereafter, any
 > change to the macro's "define-slot" contents would not be reflected in
 > your template unless you deleted the "fill-slot" element and re-expanded
 > the template.

 Ah, I actually have been wondering about this, too.

 It seems in some cases (especially when editing via WebDAV) the
'metal:slot' attribute makes it to the actual page template when
saving.  The page template cannot be rendered afterwards, as
'metal:slot' is not a valid METAL attribute.

 Can someone else confirm this observation? I had to fix my page
templates repeatedly after WebDAV edits, as the 'metal:slot' instead of
the 'metal:fill-slot' showed up in the page template. Maybe I made a
stupid mistake here?

Cheers,
Clemens