[ZPT] Confused about Zope

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:25:08 +0200

> One of these day's I'm gonna kick that crutch from under DTML by doign a
> ZSQL method that allows ZPT markup ;-)

I dunno how pretty that'll be .. ZPT fits the templating of
XML-shaped stuff beautifully (hierarchical <tag>-delimited
element tree, attributes, ..). Using it to generate SQL or
robot emails or other arbitrary text feels pretty kludgy to
me, while DTML fits that bill. Problem of course is currently
that DTML is tricksy regarding namespaces and expression
syntax (i.e. everything that can replace the XXX bit in
<dtml-tag XXX>).

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za