[ZPT] Mini proposal: repeat-define and repeat-condition

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:25:03 -0700

If you can re-arrange the rules, then what good are the rules?  I stand
by the fact that whenever I've been mildly surprised by an
order-of-operations issue, I could look up the rule (relatively) easily
in Zope-help or online.  The rules are simple and concise and are what
makes working with TAL such a joy compared to the alternative.

Regarding rewriting rules on a template by template basis - how would
this affect METAL macros written by a third party but used by you, or
little TAL components that are included into the page?  It's another
gain that doesn't (in my opinion) outweigh its potential consequences.