[ZPT] Proposal: Change order, redocument and provide "finder" script

Tom Deprez tom@aragne.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:46:15 +0100

Thanks a lot for this summary!

> The problem was laid out by Shane H:
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2003-January/004210.html

I see.

<snip>

> The proposed changes deal with situations where it is desirable to
> have the tal:define and tal:condition statements executed for each
> iteration of a loop.  It only takes a second to realize that this
> will break a lot of existing code.  Shane proposed the adding of two
> attributes: tal:repeat-define and tal:repeat-condition.  Others have
> proposed changing the order of operations.  I have yet to see any
> proposed new order (probably my mistake.)

Mmm, yes, another order would break existing codes...
Are there issues when people need the 'define', 'condition' tags before the
'repeat' tag? Which is a reasonable situation if you don't want to show the
values if certain conditions aren't met (eg not the correct authentication)?
Otherwise the condition would be checked over each iteration, not?

> <opinion>
> I like Shane's idea of adding two new attributes.  It doesn't break
> existing code.  I suppose the order of operations with the new
> attributes would be
>
> 1. define
> 2. condition
> 3. repeat