[ZPT] Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Fix for UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

Myroslav Opyr myroslav@zope.net.ua
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:13:48 +0200

vlado wrote:

>I tryed LOCALIZER_USE_ZOPE_UNICODE=3D1 and hitted the same UnicodeError
>again.

In my case it worked. I didn't tested it thoroughly but frontpage=20
rendered translated. Did you put LOCALIZER_USE_ZOPE_UNICODE in export=20
either?

>I'm using z2.6.1b1, Localizer1.0, TranslationService0.2=20
>this is the traceback:
>
>    *  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
>    * Module Products.Localizer, line 55, in new_publish
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 114, in publish
>    * Module Zope.App.startup, line 182, in zpublisher_exception_hook
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 98, in publish
>    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
>    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
>    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 189, in _exec
>    * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 122, in pt_render
>    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 95, in pt_render
>      <FSPageTemplate at /Sites/test/login_form used for /Sites/test>
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 186, in __call__
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 230, in interpret
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 689, in do_useMacro
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 230, in interpret
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 622, in do_loop_tal
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 230, in interpret
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 400, in do_optTag_tal
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 385, in do_optTag
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 380, in no_tag
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 230, in interpret
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 655, in do_condition
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 230, in interpret
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 400, in do_optTag_tal
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 385, in do_optTag
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 380, in no_tag
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 230, in interpret
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 689, in do_useMacro
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 230, in interpret
>    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 745, in do_onError_tal
>    * Module StringIO, line 160, in getvalue
>
>UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128) (Also, an
>error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)
> =20

Anyway the above behavior is werid and unpredicted, thus we stay with=20
AltPT for time being. Better slower but reliable then faster and=20
unpredicted...

m.
--=20
Myroslav Opyr