[ZPT] Mini proposal: repeat-define and repeat-condition

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:09:38 +0100

Evan Simpson
> Fernando Martins wrote:
> > That was also the explanation given by Evans Simpson, but semicolons can
> > only appear in string expressions.
>
> This is incorrect.  All of the following are legal expressions
> containing semicolons:
>
> string:;
> python:';'
> options/adict/a;b
> exists:request/form/a;b

All right! I'm missing something! Except for the second example, I don't
quite understand the other examples and I can't see a reference to
semicolons in TALES. I tried the third example in tal:repeat and it didn't
work out. Could you enlighten me?

== running this script ==
## Script (Python) Semicolon

return context.usesemicolon(a='ola', b=' mundo')

== with this in a Page template called usesemicolon ==
 <li tal:repeat="item options/a;b">
 </li>

== gives the error ==

Error Type: KeyError