[ZPT] Question on using metal-slots for menus

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Jul 7 15:56:13 EDT 2003

On 2003-07-07 at 00:59:32 [+0200], you wrote:
> Charlie Clark wrote at 2003-7-4 18:04 +0200:
>  > ...
>  > <html metal:define-macro="page">
>  > <head></head>
>  > <body>
>  > ...
>  > What is the best way of providing folder-specific sub-menues for
>  > /search, /register and /about?
>
> When they should appear in the above page, you just generate them with a
> "tal:repeat" probably from a folder property.

Yes, I've decided that navigation items should generally be manageable
objects. But I think I can avoid that in the current site using
<metal:use-macro> and acquisition. I'm not sure whether I'll follow
Fernando's suggestion and do all the definition in the master_page and use
explicitly fill-slots or make use of my folder hierarchies and acquisition.
Or maybe a mixture of both?

Charlie