[ZPT] zope3-dev proposal on changing implicitly calling

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Tue Jul 15 13:38:37 EDT 2003

(sorry for being late on the followup, been on holiday)

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> In article <3EF75763.4040301 at nipltd.com> you write:
>
>>eg, I want:
>>
>>context/somefunc()/something/etc
>>
>>...so I write:
>>
>>define="x context/somefunc"
>>replace="x/something/etc"
>

> To be honest, this sucks. I've always wanted to write
>
>    context/somefunc/something/etc
>
> and have TALES realize that somefunc, being a method, is callable and
> couldn't possibly have a 'something' attribute or key.

How do you differentiate when somefunc would be called and when it wouldn't?

What parameters would somefunc be called with?

What would happen if somefunc was callable and took one parameter?

What would happen if somefunc was callable and took more or less than one parameter?

cheers,

Chris