[ZPT] sequence unpacking syntax in TAL

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Jul 21 03:37:10 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 18:14, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Didn't we want to keep TAL as simple as possible?
> Wasn't out motto: simple (and explicite) is beautyful.

The simpler the better.  I've been using tal/tales/metal/zpt fairly
extensively in a non-Zope application (MM3 musings) and there are a
number of things I'd like to see be easier to accomplish.  I'm not quite
ready to post about them (still catching up on post-vacation email).
I'd rather see an easier way to extend tal-n-friends in principled ways
for application specific needs.

-Barry