[ZPT] Looking for an answer to Sharing a form for both editing and adding (formulator)

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Mon Jul 21 18:43:38 EDT 2003

On 2003-07-21 at 15:23:47 [+0200], Exteam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a solution to the problem of using both editing and
> adding using formulator. Ran into the following page, on the web, which
> asks the same question so well, that I am just quoting it here.
>
> U can find it in the following link:

Pradash, please stop sending HTML-mail to this list and please use a real
name.

This is a formulator question, it seems. Maybe you should join the
formulator list.

But the point Skip raises is also a general one. I use METAL-macros to do
exactly this.

<form metal:define="add_edit" action="local_method" method="POST"
tal:define="my_name request/my_name | nothing">
<input type=text name="my_name" tal:attributes="content value my_name">
</form>

The trick is in using dummy values when the form is called for a new entry.

Charlie