[ZPT] Confused about Zope

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 18:26:34 +0100

Shane wrote:
SH> Well, I don't think we should mix XML TAL and non-XML TAL in the same
SH> document, even in script and style tags..

i would even suggest that we should lose the xml-markup
altogether for TAL use in non-xml/html settings ..

just to avoid more confusion.. else newbies will read all old
documentation and start doing DTML inside them (as happens with ZPT
already) - also XML-isms that are not proper XML feels outright wrong to me.
and "</>" really hurts ;)

[:replace=options/x/sql:string] ?
i have no personal preference of syntax or delimiters, i just feel the
half-way xml-thing makes for confusion with things that already
exist...

:)

--
Geir Bækholt