[ZPT] Editing a field using select tag

Santi Camps santi at gnome-db.org
Sun May 18 15:39:20 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been using zope for one year and, when I can, I prefer use ZPT
instead of DTML.  I like put business logic and presentation in two
diferent places.

But I have an existencial doubt.  When I use ZPT to edit a record, and
this record have one field represented with a select tag, I haven't
found other way to do it that repeat de <option> tag with two opposite
conditions.  Like this:

<select>
  <option tal:content="record/title" tal:attributes="value record/id"
tal:condition="is_current_record" SELECTED> </option>
  <option tal:content="record/title" tal:attributes="value record/id"
tal:condition="is_not_current_record"> </option>
</select>

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks a lot

Santi Camps