[ZPT] v2 of Path Prefixes in CVS

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Sep 1 20:49:35 EDT 2003

Fergal Daly wrote at 2003-8-31 21:13 +0100:
 > ...>
 > I find the prefix expressions very confusing.

When I first saw them, me too, I thought "what a horrible semantics".

However, at second thought, it is not so unnatural:

   When you have "path/prefix:name", then the semantics seems always to
   be: "prefix:name" specifies a function which is applied to the
   result of evaluating "path".

   This is very similar (in effect) to the case when you use
   a path "path/template" where template is a Page Template.
   The template is applied to the result of evaluating "path"
   (altough in a way different from direct calling).

Dieter