[ZPT] v2 of Path Prefixes in CVS

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Wed Sep 3 12:58:15 EDT 2003

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> I see it as a way to be explicit about things we have been doing
> implicitly.  "path/mytemplate" is vulnerable to acquiring something
> other than a template if some other thing happens to be named
> "mytemplate".  But let's say you write a prefix called "templates" that
> acquires only templates.  "path/templates:mytemplate" would then let you
> be sure that you're acquiring a template.

Sorry, don't quite follow it. How would your prefix prevent something other than
a template beign acquired unless you put your templates in a special folder off
the acquisition path? (and even that doesn't ensure it; what happens if the
template of that name isn't found in the templates folder but a
HorribleDeleteEverythingwhenCalledNasty of the same name can be acquired from
further up? ;-)

Chris