[ZPT] Fiddly repeat

Charlie Clark charlie at begeistert.org
Wed Sep 24 16:39:54 EDT 2003

On 2003-09-24 at 21:42:35 [+0200], Tino Wildenhain wrote:
I learned HTML doing countless homepages and "fixing" to get the pages to
work. You'd have thought the browser people would have learned by now but
no. Have you seen WML or the crap that passes for MMS-XML?...

> OTOH, I even guess you want to do all this
> because you want to display Images in rows
> and columns. Am I right? :)

No, you're not. I've got rather a complex application form that has to be
able to be filled out by hand so I'm replacing pulldowns (<select>) with
checkboxes but wanted to be able to lay them out nicely.

Interestingly the problem is based on the way HTML specifies tables. If we
had <tc> for table column instead of <tr> for table row I wouldn't have had
this problem but then someone have come up with it for alternating row
colours! ;-)

> This is even better done with just a tal:repeat
> over your original results and CSS.

Gonna have to improve my CSS at some point so thanx for the link.

Charlie