[ZPT] ZPT and Python Scripts

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Thu Sep 25 10:57:22 EDT 2003

Bob Gailer wrote:
> I have wandered around the Zope Book and the ZPT archive. I am still
> wishing for some comprehensive explanation of the various ways one can
> invoke python scripts and use the results in zpt. I have found a number
> of interesting examples, but no technical explanation of the mechanisms.

I'm not sure what you're looking for.  You call a Script, you get back
whatever data structure you build in the Script.  If it's a sequence,
you can use tal:repeat on it.  If it's a dictionary, you can use paths
to access the values in it.  By nesting sequences and dictionaries, you
can do complex things, but this has nothing in particular to do with
"mechanisms".

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am