[ZPT] Re: Entities in Attributes

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Apr 23 13:44:17 EDT 2004

Tonico Strasser wrote at 2004-4-23 13:17 +0200:
>> In a private copy, I implemented the "structure" keyword that
>> prevents escaping in a similar way to "tal:content".
>
>Would like to see it in future TAL versions.

There has been a hot discussion about such a feature in this
mailing list.

Almost all participants (except me, of course) had strong
objections against the word "structure".
In may view, "structure" means "keep HTML structural elements" in
the value (rather than escape them). This is senseful for both
content as well as attributes.

However, the strong objections almost surely mean: you will
not see "structure" for attributes. Maybe, you will get
the non-escaping functionality with a different keyword...

--
Dieter