[ZPT] Re: Entities in Attributes

Andreas Jung andreas at andreas-jung.com
Sat Apr 24 03:32:40 EDT 2004

--On Freitag, 23. April 2004 19:44 Uhr +0200 Dieter Maurer
<dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> There has been a hot discussion about such a feature in this
> mailing list.
>
> Almost all participants (except me, of course) had strong
> objections against the word "structure".
> In may view, "structure" means "keep HTML structural elements" in
> the value (rather than escape them). This is senseful for both
> content as well as attributes.

A discussion about names is one thing, having this feature or having it not
is another thing.
I am +10 to include this functionality finally in ZPT as soon as possible.
Why?

 - newbies don't understand why 'structure works only for
tal:content|replace

 - newbies have problems to workaround the quoting problem

 - the workarounds are  ugly and are usually not intuitive

For the sake of simplicity und usability I would like restart this
discussion about
this feature again, not about the name. If you don't like 'structure' call
it 'bob' or
'foobar'.

Andreas