[ZPT] Re: ob/adapter:name in Zope 2?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 3 07:08:30 EDT 2004

Chris Withers wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>> This exists on Zope 2? Wow, what version? How'd I use it? Where are
>>> the docs?
>>

>> It's not checked in to the head.  If you actually read this thread
>> or the associated proposal, you'd find the url.  To save you the efort:
>>
>> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2003-August/004902.html
>

> Thanks, that thread kindof exploded in my abscence and the first I saw
> of the proposal URL was when you posted it today..
>
> What needs to happen for this to get merged to the Zope HEAD?

I'm not sure it should.  I wasn't endorsing it myself, just commenting
that it existed. It feels rather too complex to me.  I think there needs
to be some discussion about whether it should be included.  For starters,
there needs to be draft documentation. I think it's going to be difficult
to document, or that the documentation will reveal that the feature is
too complex.

Jim