[ZPT] Re: DOCTYPES in Page Templates

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Tue May 11 14:56:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004 00:33:28 -0700, Jamie Heilman
<jamie at audible.transient.net> wrote:

> Alexander Limi wrote:
>> (notice the total lack of spaces to conform with the spec, which states
>> that the doctype has to be on the first line, without leading spaces)
>
> Which spec?  Please cite.  Given that you may include a XML declaration
> in a valid document I'm inclined to say your assertion that doctype
> has to be first is either bogus or out of date.

OK, sorry - spent too much time in the Real World lately. What I meant to
say was that it won't actually *work* unless you put it on the very first
line. The spec allows it, the browsers don't. :)

  Alexander Limi    ·     Chief Architect     ·    Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com