[ZPT] Re: Truncating strings

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Wed May 12 12:12:00 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 11:50:44 -0500, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com>
wrote:

> Still... so... long... to... type...
>
> I think ZPT is giving me RSI, with the Z SQL Methods kicking me when I'm
> down.  (But I feel productive when I can type at full speed for minutes
> on end, practically on autopilot)
>
> Huh... tal:block must be new though.  Good to know.  Saves a few stokes
> off <div tal:omit-tag="">...

You can even do <tal:whatever />. So for some keystroke saving and much
better clarity, you can to stuff like this:

<tal:caravans repeat="caravan here/getCaravans">
</tal:caravans>

This will make it much easier to nest repeats, and will allow you to see
where things end, instead of the generic </div> or </span> everywhere.

Haven't-read-the-rest-of-the-discussion-ly yours,

  Alexander Limi    ·     Chief Architect     ·    Plone Solutions

  Development · Training · Support · http://www.plonesolutions.com