[ZPT] METAL and "incompatible version"

Laurent Pointal laurent.pointal at limsi.fr
Wed Oct 20 08:29:09 EDT 2004

Hello,

Coming to Zope for a www site of a research group, I try to use ZPT and
produce XHTML1.1 pages.

While trying to put XML headers on my pages (using some hacks based on
metal macros found on the www), I encounter the following error:
<<
Error Type: METALError
Error Value: macro 'here/std_template/macros/pre' has incompatible
version None, at line 1, column 1

Searching google, I'm not the only one to have this problem.
(ex. http://marc.free.net.ph/message/20030903.211218.b1b42a25.html )
Here is the macro:
	<metal:block define-macro="pre">
	</metal:block>

Does anybody has found a solution to this error or at least an
alternative to produce right XML documents with ad-hoc header and doctype ?

Thanks.

Laurent.

--
Laurent POINTAL