[ZPT] New METAL feature for Zope 3.1

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 18:01:15 EDT 2005

Zope 3.1 will include a new feature in METAL, the Macro Expansion Tag
Attribute Language used in page templates.

The implementation is largely complete, but some issues with it were
uncovered in the past week that have caused some re-evaluation of the
details.  At this point, we discovered that sufficient documentation
did not exist, so I'm working on a new revision of the METAL
specification.  This is currently in draft form on the ZPT wiki, along
with a description of the macro extension feature.  I plan to update
the tests and finish the documentation sometime tomorrow.

The feature is described here:

  http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/MacroExtension

The draft specification is here:

  http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/MetalSpecification11

Comments are welcome, though I can only apologize for bringing this up
to the list so late.  (I'm afraid the non-availability of my own time
prevented me from knowing about the issue until recently.)

  -Fred

Zope Corporation