[ZPT] XSLT version of TAL, pushing caching to the client

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Sun Jul 24 21:54:10 EDT 2005

On 25 Jul 2005 at 0:33, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Ok I see. Its not actually so much faster but nice to see.
> I'm sure google will love your site .-)

well the textpage.xsl pages are not much of an example.

Regarding Google, the jokes on you. The server well send you html if
your client string indicates that your browser doesn't grok xml.

Try wget or curl to see what I mean, or just add ?xml=0 to the end of the
URL.

> > > How is this different from loading and caching CSS files?
> >
> > CSS only effects styles, it is not content.
> >
> Thats not correct. CSS is able to change part of the content
> or all content as well.

but only in minor ways, and only for some browsers.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com